• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exclude swf from CHM, include in WebHelp

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp as part of TCS 3.5; Win 7-64, 8GB RAM, 500MB free space.

I'm trying to use a .swf file I created with Camtasia 7.1.1 (latest version) in a RoboHelp project that uses the same source for WebHelp and CHM output. To pull the swf into the HTML file, I did a drag and drop from Windows Explorer. This produces the following code:

<body>

<p><object id="object1" data="Introduction to GlyphWorks.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

style="border: none;" width="800" height="600">

<param name="movie" value="Introduction to GlyphWorks.swf"  />

<param name="quality" value="high"  />

Loading multimedia control...</object></p>

</body>

The file shows up in the Multimedia folder of Project Manager. It does not show up in the Baggage folder. It does appear in my WebHelp output folder correctly. The WebHelp plays the swf as it should.

However, the swf is also being pulled into the CHM when I compile, which is not what I want.  I can use FAR to delete the swf from the output CHM, but this is not practical, since I do many builds.

I want to exclude the file from inclusion in the CHM build (like using a conditional tag).  What's the best way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack

Conditional tagging isn't working for this? That's what I'd be trying.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Rick

I have mucho conditions, and one of them is to have my launch page start up as either a WebHelp or CHM version.  The page excerpted above is the target for the WebHelp version only. For CHMs, I am using a little JavaScript to start up the WMV file version of the swf in the user's default media player.

The problem is that including the swf in this manner in the WebHelp output also brings it into the CHM file system, which makes for a 36MB CHM.  I don't see any reason why the swf should be pulled into the CHM when it is not referenced by my conditional tag in the launch page.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp