3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 1:40 PM by 420jammer

pre-composites

420jammer Level 1

Hi!

I have a pre-composite inside a pre-composite...

Specifically, I have a title pre-composite, and then one of the lines that is animated in the title pre-composite has it's own pre-composite to animate it's stroke.

However, for some reason the stroke animation is not playing inside of the title pre-composite, or in the composition as a whole.

I figure this has something to do with the way i am nesting these: why won't the most inner nested pre-composite play?

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: pre-composites
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Without seeing a screenshot of a flow chart and of your comps I'm lost. Pre-composing does not block or limit effects. There are some things that can be confusing when you use collapse transformations, but if you've applied a stroke in any pre-comp it will show up down the line.

• 2. Re: pre-composites
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Rick said, without seeing some screenhots this is not going anywhere. Could be that your comp times are not synched based on your prefs, could be OpenGL issues, could be some odd time-remapping/ time-stretching, could be something else.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: pre-composites
              420jammer Level 1

Okay, I'm still not sure what was causing this issue to happen.  I solved it by deleting the pre-comp within the pre-comp and re-dragging it back onto the stage, where it seemed to work.  Weird.

Thank you for your help, I was worried I was doing something wrong, but I think it was just a glitch.