3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 9:16 AM by changtw

Can't install my adobe digital edition!

changtw Level 1

At first, i installed my digital edition. i could only access my ebook(book that i purchased ) when i went online. Something was wrong. so i decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it again. During the setup, i kept facing this problem.

'You may not have the necessary permission to use all the features of the program you are about to run.You may run this program as a different user or continue to run the program as the current user.'

Then i have to give the username and password. i used my account id and password but was denied access all the time. i kept getting this note: 'This installer requires administration access, pls try again.'

What should i do? i'm really frustrated. Could you provide me with the username and password so that i can access my account? i don't think i can call up the support center as overseas call is expensive. is there any other way i can use my account?

• 1. Re: Can't install my adobe digital edition!
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The computer is telling you that you don't have the ADMIN rights that are

needed to install the software.  I'm going to guess that you're using

Windows 7 software.  In that case, your user rights may be set by Win7 as a

'user', not as 'administrator'.  You need to go back and log into the

computer as the ADMIN.

About that access to your ebook only when you were online.  That can occur

when ADE has not been installed properly (see above).

The sequence of installation makes all the difference.  The first step is to

go to the Adobe website and establish an Adobe account with an Adobe ID and

password that you choose.  When you've done that, you can install ADE on

your computer ( assuming we get around this administrative access issue ).

When that is complete, you can go to the website where you bought your ebook

and download it to ADE on your computer.  Then you can read it from the ADE

library.

There are some technical considerations.  If you have installed ADE on your

computer without having established an Adobe ID (which you can do - but

shouldn't), then you might not be able to reinstall it and still be able to

access the ebook you bought.  This is because the publisher and distributor

could have set the ebook's digital rights to permit ONE download only.

Also, when you download the ebook - or when you did - you have choices as to

whether to OPEN or SAVE it.  If you elect 'OPEN', then ADE will open the

ebook in Reading mode.  It will not save the ebook in the library, so when

you open ADE in Library mode, the ebook won't be visible - although it's

still on your computer.  If you can find the title in the folder inside

Digital Editions, then you can add the ebook to the library, using the Add

Book to Library function within ADE.

Much of what I'm saying here is pretty general, and there are certain tasks

that you perform to accomplish these steps.  I don't know your level of

expertise with the computer, so I don't want to burden you with all of the

tasks at this time.  Repost with more information, and we can go to that

level if we need to.

Hope this helps!

==============

==============

• 2. Re: Can't install my adobe digital edition!
            changtw Level 1

Thank you for highlighting me about this. You mentioned that i need to go back and log into the computer as the admin. Can i ask how can i do it? There's no log in for ADMIN in my computer. Pls advise on the step by step on how to do it as my level of computer knowledge is limited. Thank you

• 3. Re: Can't install my adobe digital edition!
              changtw Level 1

Hi,

Can you help me on this matter,'how to create a log in for ADMIN in my computer?'