5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 2:23 PM by Stephen_Spider

Premiere Won't Play

Peter Wiley

I am new to Premiere Pro.

Today the program lost its capacity to play anything from the timeline. JKL keys have no effect. Spacebar has no effect. Double clicking on a clip in the timeline does nothing. Both the source and program windows remain black. When I click on the play button under the program window it changes from the play button to the stop button, but it does not play. When I double click on a clip in the project window the clip does appear in the source window and will play.

When I double click on a clip in the timeline and then click on the program window, the clip will appear in the program window. However, if I then push the JKL keys, the program window goes back to black. Scrubbing the playhead accross the timeline does produce a change in the audio meters, but nothing happens in the program window.

I am baffled. Can some suggest what's wrong or what I've done to produce this behavior?

I am using a Mac 2x2.4 Quad Core Intel Xeon. OSX 10.6.8. 20GB Memory. I have a Matrox MXO2 LE Max connected. Software version 2.3.3.0016. Squence setting Editing Mode is "Matrox Player". Footage being edited orginated on a Canon 60D and is full HD.