2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2006 10:58 AM by HKabaker

What output files contain TOC and Index contents?

Dan_Gill
      I would like to "fool" a webhelp system into believing it has only the topics produced with a conditional text tag. But I cannot find where the output content of the TOC and Index reside. I am not speaking of the source files (HHK and HHC).
        • 1. Re: What output files contain TOC and Index contents?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          The TOC and index are within the WH files and folders but can you clarify what it is you are trying to achieve? Why do you need to fool the webhelp?

• 2. Re: What output files contain TOC and Index contents?
            HKabaker Level 2
            You have complete and utter control over what the TOC shows before you generate webhelp. Whatever is in the TOC view is what will display in WebHelp, unless you exclude a topic from the build.

RH includes all untagged topics, and you cannot condition a build to omit them from the TOC, or, for that matter, from the WebHelp package. If you condition WebHelp to include some tags and to exclude others, RH will build the WebHelp TOC accordingly, including the untagged items.

If you want to maintain, say, 100 entries in the RH source TOC, but to exclude references to 30 that don''t carry a particular flag, tag those 30 topics and exclude them from the conditional build..

Harvey.