1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 3:53 PM by rob day

help required to understand interactive SWF appearance on various browsers and pc's

Macnimation Level 1

I have created an interactive newsletter for global distribution.

My work machine uses a resolution of 1280 x 1024

However, my company uses different browsers and laptops globally, as we have approx 150,000 employees.

The Indesign pages are 1000 x 800 px

When I sent out a few test files, I received various issues from different people.

Some using IE6, IE7 and IE8 complained that although their resolutions were 1280 x 800, or 1280 x 1024, the  top and bottom of the swf files were either cut off or the file was presented with text too small to read.

Using Firefox, some of the people also said that the file presented with the top and bottom cut off.

My own PC using either IE8 or Firefox @ 1280 x 1024 presents the file perfectly fine.

Now, with IE 8 and firefox, by either using the CTRL + middle mouse wheel, or CTRL and + or - the SWF file resized correctly by zooming in and out.

For IE6 the user would need to right click and choose Zoom in or Zoom out.

Most users are, and I am not being patronising here, not computer savvy, and would not generally know how to perform this option. They simply use the computers to do their job and panic if a java updated is presented.

I need to avoid this if I am to pursue the interactive SWF file approach.

Has anyone else experienced this and can you offer a solution that, no matter the resolution ot Browser used the SWF file will present correctly all the time?

thanks