• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create multiline email body from mailto link

Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9, IE8, Outlook 2010, WIndows 7

Trying to create multiline email body from mailto link.

Have tried hex values for carriage return and line feed (%0D%0A) as recommended by Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa767737(v=vs.85).aspx but after generating and opening the e-mail from the link, those codes have no effect in the e-mail and in fact are removed from the source code RH during the save or generate.

I do understand that support for this is very inconsistent but our users are restricted to Windows 7,IE8, Outlook so there must be a reliable solution for this platform.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2011 Oct 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yeah, somehow Robo doesn't like URI encoded characters... It works if you add the line feed in a JavaScript variable (tested on RH8 and FF/IE). RH sees that as a string it should keep it's hand off. I tested with an external JavaScript file, but it should work the same for JavaScript in a topic.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure exactly what the number is, perhaps Willam will know. But it is my understanding that there is a certain character limitation that comes into play when attempting to encode a mailto link to include additional information. At least that was something that was conveyed to me years ago. Perhaps things have changed.

Perhaps this is what you are encountering?

Willam, over to you. Thoughts here?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Also see my previous post. And the numbers are the URL encoded line feed characters \r\n. Robo just doesn't accept every possible character you put in links. (Try adding parameters using ? for instance.) The work around is to use a JavaScript function to create the mail and reference the function in the link.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp