5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2006 10:08 AM by Dhruv_81

Problems with saving effects

Dhruv_81
      Hi,

I am using Fireworks 8... I have been trying to save the filter on a button that I created with styles. But the style seems to be saving everything except the effect.....

Checking the effects options in the save style dialog makes no difference at all!

What is the problem???

Please help

• 1. Re: Problems with saving effects
          Level 7
          Dhruv_81 wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am using Fireworks 8... I have been trying to save the filter on a
          > button that I created with styles. But the style seems to be saving everything
          > except the effect.....
          >
          > Checking the effects options in the save style dialog makes no difference at
          > all!

Is the effect you are trying to save a Fireworks live effect, or is it
          produced by a third party plugin?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Problems with saving effects
            Dhruv_81 Level 1
            These are regular live effects...An inner glow and a drop shadow for example ...In fact I can't save any of the regular effects....The style stores the fill color and all the other things but niether does it show a preview of the effect in the save style dialog box nor does it go ahead and save it.
            • 3. Re: Problems with saving effects
              Dhruv_81 Level 1
              Hi,

I think my problem i solved. But I still dont understand why this did not function correctly initially. Previously, I was trying to save the style from the styles panel by creating a new style over there, and that was not giving the right results.

Later, I discovered a save style option in the add live filter menu itself above all the various filter options....This option functions correctly, and once I used it, the method of creating a style from the style panel also started working correctly...

I wonder why this undefined behaviour...
              • 4. Re: Problems with saving effects
                Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Dhruv_81
                Later, I discovered a save style option in the add live filter menu itself above all the various filter options....This option functions correctly, and once I used it, the method of creating a style from the style panel also started working correctly...

I wonder why this undefined behaviour...

That is strange. I've tried reproducing the problem on a fresh install of Fireworks on WinXP and not seeing this happen. What's your system OS, configuration?

• 5. Re: Problems with saving effects
                  Dhruv_81 Level 1
                  Hi,

My system configuration is:

Windows XP Professional
                  Version 2002
                  Service Pack 2

CPU: Pentium D 2.80 GHz
                  1 GB RAM