4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 11:49 AM by Nohjekim

Can PE9 import files as frames?

Nohjekim Level 1

Hi

I'm wondering if it is possible to import files as frames as you do with VDub.

I do a lot of animation and I use VDub to convert the frames into avi files.

It would be nice it I could do this directly into PE and cut out a step.

I did some research but I couldn't fine anything that discussed this.

Mike

• 1. Re: Can PE9 import files as frames?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you asking if you can use a series of still photos to create animation? If so, yes you can.

But Premiere Elements 9 does not include the option to output a filmstrip of stills from your movie, if that's what you're asking.

• 2. Re: Can PE9 import files as frames?
            Nohjekim Level 1

Hi Steve

What I want to do is open a folder of files numbered from 001 to say 200 and have it import it as a series of individual frames.

At present I do this using Virtual Dub which works fine, it outputs an AVI file that I import into PE, I just wondered if I can skip that step and have PE open them in the time line as a series of frames that I can then combine with other files and output as a video.

Mike

• 3. Re: Can PE9 import files as frames?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can do this. But I recommend a few things:

1) Have all of your photos sized to 640x480 pixels, the square pixel size of a video frame.

2) Before you import the photos into your project, go to Edit/Preferences and set the default still photo length to 1 frame.

3) Name this photos in alpha-numeric order so that they'll appear in the Project/Media panel in the order you'd like them to appear on  your timeline.

• 4. Re: Can PE9 import files as frames?
                Nohjekim Level 1

I'll give it a try though I usually work a lot bigger then that, at least 1600 by 900 and most of the time 1920 by 1080.

I can probable go smaller my last animated title only lasted 12 seconds and was just under 1 Gig for the file size.

I ordered PE10 and it will be here in two days so I'll wait until I have it installed before I get into this.

I started doing the animated films a year ago and now that I have new software to do the animating which lets me produce better output I'm doing them over.

I'm finishing up the first one today.

Then I'm going to work my way through the 7 I have done before I do any new ones.

I've learned a lot in a year so they have improved since I did the first one.

Thanks again for the help

Mike