6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 10:11 PM by TonMachielsen

    Slide Video issues

    TonMachielsen

      Hi all!

       

      I have two issues with a Side with Slide video.

       

      What i am trying to do is to annotate a 18 minutes video. I inserted the video in the first slide and after that i have two issues:

       

      - When i add objects, there is no way to control the Front-Back order of the objects. If i preview the slide i only see the video and no objects. If i preview the slide in a browser i do see the objects.

      - When i stop playing the slide, the video coninues. I would expect the video to stop when i stop the slide.

       

      What am i doing wrong?

       

      Captivate 5.5 on OSX 10.6.8

       

      Thanks,

       

      Ton.

        • 1. Re: Slide Video issues
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

          How did you change the order of the objects? Dragging them on the timeline is the easiest way, objects on top cover the ones beneath them.


          When you say 'preview slide', that is not a 'real' preview because no SWF is generated. What happens if you choose one of the other Preview options?

           

          How did you stop the slide: by the pausing button on the playbar?

           

          Lilybiri

          • 2. Re: Slide Video issues
            TonMachielsen Level 1

            Lilybiri wrote:

             

            How did you change the order of the objects? Dragging them on the timeline is the easiest way, objects on top cover the ones beneath them.

             

            I used the timeline as well as the Bring to Front menu.

             

            Lilybiri wrote:

             

            When you say 'preview slide', that is not a 'real' preview because no SWF is generated. What happens if you choose one of the other Preview options?

            When i Preview in Browser the SWF is generated and then i can see the objects. This works, but doesn't make developing easier.

             

             

            Lilybiri wrote:

             

            How did you stop the slide: by the pausing button on the playbar?

            Yes.

            • 3. Re: Slide Video issues
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

              Sorry, but this is all functioning for me, maybe because I'm on Windows. Slide video is visible with other objects on top of them, I can rearrange using timeline and when I use the Pause button on the playbar the video is pausing as well. Bit difficult to help if I cannot see the issue,


              Lilybiri

               

              BTW Are you Dutch?

              • 4. Re: Slide Video issues
                TonMachielsen Level 1

                Lilybiri wrote:

                 

                Sorry, but this is all functioning for me, maybe because I'm on Windows. Slide video is visible with other objects on top of them, I can rearrange using timeline and when I use the Pause button on the playbar the video is pausing as well. Bit difficult to help if I cannot see the issue,

                You can check the behavior in this video. I think these are two bugs in the Mac version and that i need to file a bug report.

                 

                BTW Are you Dutch?

                Jawel! Nederlander die in Spanje woont.

                1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Slide Video issues
                  Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

                  Dag Ton, ik ben Vlaming en woon nog steeds in Vlaanderen. Uiterst zeldzaam om Nederlands te gebruiken in dit forum (ooit Afrikaans antwoord gekegen).

                   

                  Not sure that filing a bug will help you quickly, this is also the first time I read about this kind of issue, and I'm on the user forums daily.

                   

                  In your video I couldn't see the top, nor the bottom of the screen, on my laptop screen (you choose a high resolution). So I'm not sure how you previewed the slide, from your mouse movement I detect that you did use the play button on the timeline? That is previewing the slide, which doesn't create a SWF but only is meant for synchronizing. You have to use one of the other preview options. In those other preview situations you'll have the real playbar (unless you deselected it in the Skin Editor) and I was talking about the Pause button on that playbar.

                   

                  Lilybiri

                  1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Slide Video issues
                    TonMachielsen Level 1

                    Hi Lilybin!

                     

                    This is what i do now. I just preview in Browser and that works fine.

                     

                    Thanks for the tips!

                     

                    Ton.