2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2006 11:00 PM by M0L_(NL)

Flash uploader gets unresponsive when uploading multiple files.

M0L_(NL)
      When uploading multiple files, sometimes my browser will become unresponsive and the following error message will popup:

A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If
      it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to
      abort the script?

If you press no, the script goes on without being slow. So why there is an error-message.
      I didn't use for and while loops. And i didnt's use much code.

Published with Flash Professional 8
      I use Flash player 9 + Windows XP Pro SP2 + IE

I'm making an upload app for a client, so how can i get rid of that message?
        • 1. Re: Flash uploader gets unresponsive when uploading multiple files.
          Level 7

"M0L (NL)" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eivu95$geq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > When uploading multiple files, sometimes my browser will become
          > unresponsive
          > and the following error message will popup:
          >
          > A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 9 to run slowly.
          > If
          > it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to
          > abort the script?
          >
          > If you press no, the script goes on without being slow. So why there is an
          > error-message.
          > I didn't use for and while loops. And i didnt's use much code.
          >
          > Published with Flash Professional 8
          > I use Flash player 9 + Windows XP Pro SP2 + IE
          >
          > I'm making an upload app for a customer, so how can i get rid of that
          > message?
          >
          >

I don't think the cause of that error message HAS to be from a for or while
          loop...

The message is directly related (I believe) to the % of the CPU required in
          combination with the duration of use.

I have also seen that problem when forgetting to put a stop() in appropriate
          places, causing a frames code to be called at the FPS rate.

By the way, how big are the files being uploaded?

• 2. Re: Flash uploader gets unresponsive when uploading multiple files.
            M0L_(NL) Level 1
            I'm uploading ± 20 files of ± 0,5 mb. Sometimes you don't get the error message.