2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 4:20 PM by Ewokdude

ADE error: "Document is licensed for a different user account"

Ewokdude

My ADE worked great for months. All of a sudden it will not let me add books to it's library. When I try to add a book (Epub w/DRM) it tells me "Document is licensed for a different user account." What changed? What is my problem?

• 1. Re: ADE error: "Document is licensed for a different user account"
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

You're going to have to answer the question yourself, unfortunately.  I can

explain what the message means, but I can't do the detective work to see

what happened in the past.

This message is generated when the information attached to the

document/ebook shows that "User A" downloaded it to his/her copy of Digital

Editions is different from what's in place at this time.  There are a number

of things that could have happened, but right now, "User B" is trying to

download that document/ebook.

There's no easy fix - especially if the document/ebook is DRM-protected, as

many of the ones we buy are.  Once you find out who did what, then you could

contact the source and see if they'll work with you to get another copy

downloaded to your copy of Digital Editions.

===========

• 2. Re: ADE error: "Document is licensed for a different user account"
            Ewokdude Level 1

What user account is it referring to? It doesn't matter whether it is an epub form Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, or anyone else. I get the same message. Is it my ADE account? I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and re-authorized it to no avail.