5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 1:59 PM by 29roadking

help with creating a poster presentation?

JohnH23

Hi,

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this question, but I need help getting started with using InDesign to create a scientific poster.  This is really pathetic, I know, but the last time I used an Adobe product to make a poster was quite a few years ago, and I used, I think, Dreamweaver at that time.  Today, earlier, I asked on this forum whether I should again try downloading a trial version of Dreamweaver to make a scientific poster (3 feet x 4 feet), and I was advised to instead use InDesign.  Fair enough.  But, I'm totally lost as to how to start with InDesign for this purpose.  I want to create a poster-sized (3 ft. x 4 ft.) document, add several columns of text, 4 or 5 graphs, a couple of photos, and that's it, so this will be very simple.  I need to get started on creating this document quickly, I'm running out of time.  Does anyone know if there is a template for this type of document that I could easily access to get started?  I would greatly appreciate any hints you might have, and sorry for being so slow to catch on---

JohnH23