2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 11:52 AM by nyarsulik

Unable to change AppState2/customComponent2 state from within AppState1/customComponent1...

nyarsulik

I am having an issue where I have customComponent1 on applicationState1, and I want a button within customComponent1 to change the Application State (this works) but I want it to also change the component state of customComponent2.  When I am looking at the possible interactions within customComponent1, I do not see the customComponent2 states.  Does that make sense?

Is this simply not possible?

Thanks!

Nick

• 1. Re: Unable to change AppState2/customComponent2 state from within AppState1/customComponent1...
          nyarsulik Level 1

Still can't figure this out.

I have three Application States:

Home, SubMenu, Application

SubMenu and Application have their own Custom Components with different states.

So, click a button on Home, go to the specific SubMenu you pressed.

The idea now is you click on a button within SubMenu/CustomComponent and that will affect the custom component state of the 3rd Application state.

For some reason, the button I have in the custom component within Application State 2 does not show the custom component states within the 3rd application state.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Unable to change AppState2/customComponent2 state from within AppState1/customComponent1...
            nyarsulik Level 1

Added this to the wish list...  I finially found where it states you can only change components that are nested within whatever you are working on...  This is quite a pain.  I have been trying to figure out how to make a work around but I am only giving myself a headache.  I am having to do a crazy mixture of nested components, component states and action sequences to accomplish what could have been a very simple task just using application states and being able to adjust the component state of a non-nested object.