3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 12:54 PM by MurraySummers

problem updating pages that use .dwt file

G8ofH8 Level 1

So i have 45 files that all use the same .dwt file.  Usually when I make a change to the template and go file > save it asks me if i want to update all pages that use that specific .dwf file.  For some reason it doesn't show the pages that do.  Although if I go to the specific page for example contact.html and do a Modify > Templates > Apply template to page, it applys the changes, and then once i make a change to the .dwt file and do the File > Save, contact.html now appears in the section of files to be updated.  I do not want to go thru every page and manually apply the template does anyone have any information that could help me out? thanks

G8ofH8

• 1. Re: problem updating pages that use .dwt file
          MurraySummers Level 8

I do not want to go thru every page and manually apply the template does anyone have any information that could help me out?

However, that would work.

It sounds like your site cache has become corrupted.  Try the following -

1.  Open DW's Site manager, select the site name, and click on EXPORT (make sure you opt to export the FULL site defintion including FTP info)

2.  Export the site definition to a KNOWN location on your hard drive

3.  With the site name still selected in Site manager, click REMOVE to remove that site from your list of definitions

4.  Import the site definition you just exported - that should solve the updating problem

Does this heal things for you?

• 2. Re: problem updating pages that use .dwt file
            G8ofH8 Level 1

Well, just a tad to late, i already went thru and manually applied the template to each page.  Although im wondering if what I did earlier to try and resolve a JavaScript error had something to do with this.  I went to Site > Advanced > Recreate site cache

Do you think this is the reason for that?

thanks

G8ofH8

• 3. Re: problem updating pages that use .dwt file
              MurraySummers Level 8

I went to Site > Advanced > Recreate site cache

Do you think this is the reason for that?

No definitely not.