1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 12:55 PM by Joel Cherney

InDesign problems on Macbook Air running Lion.

AussiePhotographer

HI folks,

I have recently purchased a 2011 Macbook Air, running Lion. I have a copy of Indesign CS4 that I am trying to get running on this machine. I previously had it activated on my macbook pro and had no problems. I deactivated it from that computer and have activated it on the new machine. After creating a new document in InDesign I find that I get the beach ball and it won't do anything. Have any of you had a similar experience? Do any of you know the solution to this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James.

• 1. Re: InDesign problems on Macbook Air running Lion.
          Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, you haven't given us lots of detail - but only because there aren't that many details anyways, right?

Did you install from the original media? (It never would have occurred to me to just drag apps off one machine and drop them on another, but people do this sometimes.)

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? (That's what I'd do first if a fresh install of a program was borked from the very beginning.)

Have you tried it as a new user? (If it works in a new user account, then the problem is with your user account, not with your install of ID.)

There are other things to try - search the forums for removing the SING datastore, or resetting preferences - but really the uninstall/reinstall should make it work right off the bat, and it also should take less time than actually diagnosing the problem & fixing it.