3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2012 10:49 AM by drkstr_1

Convert MXML Design to HTML at Runtime

sunil_007nayak

Is there any way that i can Convert my MXML Design to HTML Runtime.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRETIATED.

• 1. Re: Convert MXML Design to HTML at Runtime
          pauland Level 4

No.

( I should qualify that - not to pure HTML, but some people generate a swf using some server magic and  the stand-alone compiler )

• 2. Re: Convert MXML Design to HTML at Runtime
            rgbjork

I'd do the conversion on the source. Some combination of Emacs and XSL transformation may get you most of the way. For actionscript conversion, one might look at OCamel language use in HaXe compiler to javascript/HTML.

• 3. Re: Convert MXML Design to HTML at Runtime
              drkstr_1 Level 4

rgbjork wrote:

I'd do the conversion on the source. Some combination of Emacs and XSL transformation may get you most of the way. For actionscript conversion, one might look at OCamel language use in HaXe compiler to javascript/HTML.

^ this

Another option is to create your own framework (possibly using 3rd party tools like GWT, etc), and use the declarative nature of MXML to build the template/tooling. This was the route we ended up taking...

We have a wide variety of complex of domain object structures which drives the content in our site. These domain objects are modeled out and converted into AS classes designed to work with MXML. This allows us to piece together the core models using templates in MXML, that can evaluate AS expressions (bindings and such) at publish time. The final result is sent over an AMF service and stored in a nice, tight, little binary package, containing the final domain object "configuration" for use in the wild.