• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 10.3.183.10 msi - multiple installation failures

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started out with version 10.3.183.7 installed, according to the Adobe Flash version site, despite the fact I've attempted to install 10.3.183.10 several times.

FlashScreenshot02.JPG

When I attempt the install using "install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi,"  I receive only a "Repair" or "Remove" option, suggesting to me that the installer thinks it's already installed.

FlashScreenshot01.JPG

I chose "Repair" and got a successful installation message:

FlashScreenshot01a.JPG

However, even after rebooting, the old 7 version remains.  I've tried the install with all browsers closed and with them open.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the correct MSI downloaded. To double check, download the following ZIP file...

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.10_archive.zip

If this still doesn't work, I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling. You can find the uninstaller here...

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're actually using Altiris and the MSI comes down from Symantec as part of their PMImport process, so for the sake of all of their millions of managed clients, I HOPE it's the correct MSI!

Thanks for the reply, we used to do an uninstall in our pre-Altiris days and I'll try that if nothing else works.  I was hoping to avoid that, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The uninstall of the previous version and install of new did the trick.  Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines