3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 6:15 PM by Shadreck Rukweza

BROWSE BOX CAUSING PREMIERE TO STOP WORKING

Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

Hi guys

I am having a problem with my browse box. If I try to save my project as the browse box opens but premiere will stop working and crash. If I try to import anything using the file menu the same happens. I can import using the media browser, but the problem is if I double click in the project panel by mistake when dragging media the browse box opens and premiere will freeze and crash losing all the progress.

I am editing PAL HDV footage.

How can I fix this problem?

• 1. Re: BROWSE BOX CAUSING PREMIERE TO STOP WORKING
          Andrey V Level 2

This is not normal behavior. I wonder the by any chance do you have a Cyrillic text in the folders names? How about the HDD space?

• 2. Re: BROWSE BOX CAUSING PREMIERE TO STOP WORKING
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What version of Premiere Pro? Have you installed the recent updates? What operating system? Has this ever worked before?

• 3. Re: BROWSE BOX CAUSING PREMIERE TO STOP WORKING
              Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

The version is CS5.0.3. I think its the Matrox drivers causing all these problems. Coz the RT X2 I had recently ceased the DVI preview and had to RMA it for a replacement. I have actually deleted the drivers and restarted installing them all over again, and it appears to be working, but some other projects it can cause the Premiere to crush, even After Effects and Photoshop if opened at the same time when dealing with dynamic linked compositions AE can just crash while I am working in premiere taking photoshop with it, then it will bring a dialogue box which say system tray or something. When I unistalled the drivers the problem disappeared.

So why do I have to use the Matrox RT X2?

Answer: When my RT X2 was away I used the secondary monitor hooked onto my GPU. When previewing fast action footage or that from  a panning camera, it was really awful it looked like 3D without glasses. Thats why I think I need to use my RT X2 at the moment. What is the best card for Colour Grading and previews, so I can really see all the out of focus shots and the likes?

1 person found this helpful