2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 12:27 PM by johndaigle

Upgrade to ATCS 3.5

fradog

We currently use ATCS 2.5, and need to do analysis to determine if we'd benefit from an upgrade to 3.5.

Docs created in FrameMaker 9 >help generated in RoboHelp 8

We are about to add the following devices that require help:

iPad Help

Android Mobile Client Help

iPhone Mobile Client Help

Potential Android tablet Help

Would we stand to benefit from upgrading to 3.5?

• 1. Re: Upgrade to ATCS 3.5
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Unfortunately I don't believe RoboHelp yet offers a help format targeted for those devices.

The latest versions of RoboHelp offer an ePub format, but that's an eBook format. Not a help system.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

• 2. Re: Upgrade to ATCS 3.5
            johndaigle Level 4

Hi, fradog

I'm just curious here. Sometimes the term "help system" can mean several things. Would this be some kind of context sensitive help system to support an iPad/Android application, or would it be more a free-standing "knowledge base" of information?

If it's just a knowledge base, it occurs to me that even a conventional WebHelp or maybe ePub output might work. The WebHelp could be viewed in a web browser and the ePub format can be viewed from an ePub Reader of which there are many freebies out there.

I have an ePub reader for my Samsung Galaxy S 2. I use an Android app called Aldiko and I've seen one for iPad and iPhone as well. You can access the TOC and it's quite comfortable to read. I can download the ePub file to my SD card or directly to the phone and read it offline easily.

This may not be what you had in mind, but I thought I'd just throw it out there.

As for the future, I see that Adobe Captivate already has an HTML5 mobile version in Adobe Labs which you can test for free. I can't know for sure, but logic tells me Adobe RoboHelp will accommodate HTML5 at some point.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com