6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 4:47 PM by PeterVanVosker

Dreamwaver vs HTML

jasica88

I'm a very new student just learn basic html codes.But using Dreamwaver my study get hamper.How could I overcome this proble?Usualy I forgot the codes.Any suggestion will thankfully receved.

• 1. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
          sakib52

I don't understand your question properly. How does it hamper your study? If you mean that you forget the codes easily, then you need to practice more. You should design a website as a project and do all the work yourself. I don't understand what is the relationship of Dreamwaver with that.

• 2. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
            mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

Actually, the OP should forget the dreamweaver and start with a simple text editor to get maximum benefit from the course.  Everybody started with basic text editor like Notepad and learned all the HTML and CSS codes and now DW is a doddle for us because the basics or the foundations is very strong.

hth

• 3. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
              Claudiu Visan

DW is helping you to create a very professional site without knowing HTML very well! So if you like to make a complex site with a lot of pages and with a strong and beautiful design DW will help you.

The days when you need to know HTML to make a site are History!

• 4. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
                mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

Claudiu Visan wrote:

DW is helping you to create a very professional site without knowing HTML very well! So if you like to make a complex site with a lot of pages and with a strong and beautiful design DW will help you.

The days when you need to know HTML to make a site are History!

you are talking complete and utter rubbish.  There is absolutely no evidence that you know anything about web design, let alone ability to keep abreast of current developments in web technologies.  I believe you haven't read this message on Adobe forums (click on the image to get a bigger picture of it):

27-11-2011 18-15-14.gif

Good luck.

• 5. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
                  Claudiu Visan Level 1

Sorry about this!

• 6. Re: Dreamwaver vs HTML
                    PeterVanVosker

Dreamweaver vs html is not correct. DW is an amazing tool to build webiste with(html). If you mean to keep up your html knowledge you then need to edit or build some new sites (how I did it). Good luck :-)