4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 2:27 PM by Mickey_LJ RSS

Frame duplication during 2vuy (in .avi) import on Premiere CS4

I am currently trying to import a complete Premiere CS4 (version 4.2.1) project on my laptop, Windows 7 - 64bit, which doesn't have an AJA Kona 3 card installed. The detailed file specification of the source file is given further below and had been created on a system with AJA's Kona card. The source files are in an AVI wrapper, in OpenDML, with 2vuy and had been created by the AJA Kona card on a different system.

The file gets imported into Premiere, and it displays the correct file length, here of about 56mn 24s. However, I can only access the first few seconds. If I drag the video file to the timeline, I realized that every frame is present for about 2 minutes and 40 seconds, which results in about 18 seconds of the original file length. To explain it in different words - I have the same frame at position 00:00:00, 00:00:01, 00:00:02 until 02:39:24.

The original files can be properly displayed within the windows media player, which utilizes a YCbCr Codec from Drastic Technology Inc. Therefore, I strongly believe that the source files aren't corrupted. What should I do now?

Complete name :

H:\PZ05\116_PZ05\pz05\Captured Video\main 03.avi

Format :

Format/Info :

Audio Video Interleave

Format profile :

File size :

1. 65.4 GiB

Duration :

56mn 24s

Overall bit rate :

166 Mbps