1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 10:53 AM by saisri2k2

Need help with url for <mx:HTTPService

rtyndall2

I inherited a Flex project and I do not have much experience with Flex.

I have a mxml file with a HTTPService defined where the url is defined as such

<mx:HTTPService id="domainFetcher" contentType="application/xml" resultFormat="e4x"

url="{XXX.xxxPrefix}queries.php" method="POST" result="domainResultHandler(event)">

<mx:request xmlns=""><ListDomainTree/></mx:request>

</mx:HTTPService>

I cannot determine how {XXX.xxxPrefix} is defined. When I make changes on the target web location I do not see the changes. If I remove the {XXX.xxxPrefix} then I do.

So, it looks like {XXX.xxxPrefix} is pointing to another location that I cannot determine.

I hope someone can help me with how to find out how the value of {XXX.xxxPrefix} is getting set.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Need help with url for <mx:HTTPService
          saisri2k2 Level 4

Use network monitor(it is a feature in Flash builder) to determine the url, also, XXX.xxPrefix? is it a property of the class where this httpservice is defined? I still do not understand what you mean by the following line.. Use debugger to find out whats in the prefix thing. Still your question does not have clarity, may be you should post more code.

I inherited a Flex project and I do not have much experience with Flex.