5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 9:31 AM by Chris W. Griffith

Simple Website Landing Page

Daver197

Hi Guys, just looking to create a very simple website landing page with Catalyst. I am an utter noob with website stuff, just playing around for fun/learning. All i want to basically do is have a screen come up, some text fades in, two pictures and you click which picture you want and it takes you to that website. I got it working exactly how I wanted with 6 states in Catalyst.....but it won't 'play' from State 1-2-3-4-5-6 ....it has all the transitions between each state and you can't seem to get rid of them all ie State 1-2, State 1-3, State 1-4, State 2-5, State 2-1 etc....is there a way just to have a simple timeline that plays from State 1-2-3-4-5-6-7?

State 1 - Background picture and logo

State 2 - Background picture and logo - Text1 fades in

State 3 - Background picture and logo - Text1 fades in - Test2 Fades in

State 4 - Background picture and logo - Text1 fades in - Test2 Fades in - Text3 fades in

State 5 - Background picture and logo - Text1 fades in - Test2 Fades in - Text3 fades in - Picture1 fades in

State 6 - Background picture and logo - Text1 fades in - Test2 Fades in - Text3 fades in - Picture1 fades in - Picture2 fades in

Pictures are button that when you click on them take you to a particular URL

It shouldn't be that hard should it?

• 1. Re: Simple Website Landing Page
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Actually, it looks like you have over built your design. You only need to two states; the start state and the final state. All the other transitions can be laid out in the time line between state 1 and state 2.

I would do this delete states 2-5. Then using the timelines panel, select the State 1 -> State '6', then use the Smooth Transition option to lay out the fades. Then you can select each fade and adjust it's overall timing and duration.

Hope this helps,

Chris

• 2. Re: Simple Website Landing Page
            Daver197 Level 1

Cheers for the response Chris. I'll try that out shortly and report back!

• 3. Re: Simple Website Landing Page
              Daver197 Level 1

Ok coupla things.

First thing - You're a champ Chris - that was the missing link I needed to get what I was visualizing working! Rather stupidly I didn't even think of trying to move the fade In bars around or try and extend them.....

Secondly, Have it working beautifully in FC. Two states as you sugegsted State 1 and State 6. When I play the State 1 - State 6 timeline it all works as intended. But - when i 'Run Project' it brings up State 1 and goes no further - no animations etc Also, there is still a State 6 -1 Transition in the timelines...is there any way to avoid this or am I stuck with it?

• 4. Re: Simple Website Landing Page
                Daver197 Level 1

After a bit of playing around today - still working fine in Flash Catalyst when i click the 'Play' button. The various bits of text fade in etc. But when i click 'Run Project' it builds and then opens my browser (and yes I have tried IE and FF) and opens State1 but does not 'play' the transitions and just sits there.

Anyone??

• 5. Re: Simple Website Landing Page
                  Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Ok, you want the animation to start upon the load without any user interaction? Then you need to look at the On Application Start interaction, and choose Play Action Sequence. This will add a Action Sequences to the timeline panel. There you can lay out your animation as before.

Hope this helps,

Chris