1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2011 8:22 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Help importing a .swf file from Flash CS5.5 to After Effects CS5.5

brendanoconnell84

I am working on animating a person in flash.  I have a main timeline and then a timeline inside of a symbol so I can move

the characters facial features (eyebrows and mouth etc) apart from moving his entire body.

I want to have multiple scenes so I am importing all of the .swfs into After Effects and putting them together. 

However, when I import the .swf into After Effects, it only plays what occurs in the main timeline

and not the timeline inside of the symbol, so it is just the character moving without the facial movements.

Is there a way to fix this or a better program to import the .swfs into and make the video?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Help importing a .swf file from Flash CS5.5 to After Effects CS5.5
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Here's the note from After Effects Help aboutt he limitations to SWF import:

• SWF (continuously rasterized)

Note:  SWF files are imported with an alpha channel. Audio is not retained. Interactive content and scripted animation are not retained. Animation defined by keyframes in the main, top-level movie is retained.

The limitation that you noticed---that only animation in the top-level timeline is retained---is not one that can be worked around without changing how your animation is set up in Flash.