6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2011 4:44 PM by Jim_Simon

Sequence in Premiere Pro CS5.5

RidleyAranX Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I want to start by apologizing if this question has already been answered, but if not, I do hope I can find some help.

I'm new the program and just a user looking for enjoyment out of the program, but basically my mission is to create fun music videos! Much like the ones you find on YouTube, my missions is to use clips from movies and TV and a song, and basically just make a music video out of it. All for my enjoyment of course, but regardless, I have run into a problem.

I have .avi files of the movies I want to use for clips, and when I FILE>IMPORT the file, it comes in in great quality, both audio and video. The problem arrives when watching it, when I try to watch it in the "source" area in the middle, at times the video will stutter, and as such, the audio will fall out of track. It's odd, and I feel that I may be doing something wrong, but I can't find what. When I take these clips, and put them in my Sequence, sometimes they play smooth, other times they stutter, it's a very random affair. I usually close all my other programs, to make sure this is the only one running.

I'm upset because I'm finding it's very jarring to work this way and would probably be able to get past this if I could know when I render it, that the 'stuttering' would not be present, but I'm afraid it won't be.

If you want to know anything about my computer, just asking. The files are not a problem, they play just fine in other programs that I've used which was one of my first thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any help!