4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2011 11:34 AM by farshadavocate

CS5 no output in HD on MAC?

farshadavocate

Hi

I am using Adobe Premier pro CS5 in Macbook Pro 10.6.8, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Due, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR with Firewire 800.

I captured my clip in HD 1440x1080 and editted with no problem. But firewire 800 does not support output to tape in HD, and if I export the timeline as media to file formats such as MPEG2, I will loos quality.

How can I playout my Timeline and record on tapes such as Digibeta or DVCAM HD.?

If it is not possible, what setting will be the best for file export loosing less quality?

Thanks

• 1. Re: CS5 no output in HD on MAC?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Tape formats also use compression, so going to tape isn't necessarily the highest quality image.

Exporting an Uncompressed or losslessly compressed file will provide the best image quality possible.  On a Mac, you can export an Uncompressed QuickTime file.  You can also use the Animation codec, which is lossless.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CS5 no output in HD on MAC?
            farshadavocate Level 1

Hi

I was thinking about to copy my movie on Digibeta for archive or other TV stations, but it is not possible now.

So firstI should export it to file to either use it as a file format for audience, or import it in final cut and then copy it from Mac on tape.(final cut on Mac with HD quality on firewire works properly)

As a file to export, quicktime option in APP CS5 is only in DV and not HD, so it seems not to be a good choice. But exporting in mpg2 with higher bitrate, or P2 with DVCpro MXF seems to be a better choice for better quality. Any other tipp to keep the highest quality on tape or file format?

Thanks

• 3. Re: CS5 no output in HD on MAC?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> As a file to export, quicktime option in APP CS5 is only in DV and not HD...

That's not correct. I think that you might be looking in the wrong place---the preset menu for the currently chosen video codec.

Look in the Video Codec menu toward the bottom of the export settings dialog box.

For general information about exporting and links to some tutorials on the subject, start here:

"Workflow and overview for exporting"

• 4. Re: CS5 no output in HD on MAC?
                farshadavocate Level 1

Very helpfull. I was looking only in export setting not codecs.

thanks