1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 10:15 AM by JJ Hutchinson

Do you have any html5 web app examples (not using javascript)?

kateharp Level 1

Do you have an html5 web app that only uses html5 and CSS?  (and NOT javascript).  I'd just like to see what other people are making because I don't understand how you could make an interactive webapp without using javascript (and I don't want to learn javascript).  I'd like to see what a web app looks like.

• 1. Re: Do you have any html5 web app examples (not using javascript)?
          JJ Hutchinson

HTML on it's own can't do anything smart. You need JavaScript to know when someone has interacted with the page. For example, clicked on an image, or entered text into a form field. You're going to need to know JavaScript in order to create any kind of apps with HTML 5 and CSS. If you want any interactive things such as geolocation etc it requires JavaScript. It's not hard to learn. I would suggest learning a library like JQuery. It uses CSS ids to allow you to select elements and regions on a page so as you can manipulate them. It's based on JavaScript, but a bit easier to learn. It's easy to add things like loops and chain functions it looks very CSS like so if you come from a design background it might be better for you to learn. You simply download JQuery from the http://jquery.com and store it in a folder with the site and then do a link to it. It's straight forward.