4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2011 1:10 AM by Mylenium

Twixtor 5 in AE

ahui6

Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 1.33.36 AM.pngHi guys,

just started to do some Twixtor in AE, I used a Canon 7D camera and i took some footage about my gf throwing a microphone sock on my face...

i filmed in 720p/50fps and i tried to slow it down to 10 percent

The footage looked good after Twixtor slows down however, there are some wired water marks (like the picture is twisted) Like pictured showed above

I wonder if anyone have some ideas how to get rid of that,

I will keep trying to film more stuff, like in brighter area, cause this video i tested on was just filmed in my apartment, the lighting is very poor

• 1. Re: Twixtor 5 in AE
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're seeing rolling shutter artifacts. You'll have to correct the rolling shutter first then slow down the footage. If you have CS5.5 you might try the warp stabilizer first then render, then apply Twixtor.

• 2. Re: Twixtor 5 in AE
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Aside from what Rick said, this could be a normal side effect/ limitation of how these kinds of things work. If there's not enough motion difference in screen space, this would cause unstable directional computations, resulting in these wobbly artifacts. Tweaking the parameters or using features like mask input in Twixtor Pro might help to get a handle on these kind of things....

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Twixtor 5 in AE
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

ahui6 wrote:

i tried to slow it down to 10 percent

Ten percent of the original speed?  In addition to the other gents' always-wise advice, let me add that slowing something down by a FACTOR OF TEN won't get you very good results.  You're asking the software to invent a LOT of brand-new frames based on very little information.

Twixtor's good, but I don't think it's THAT good...

If you absolutely, positively MUST have nice, smooth slo-mo, there's only one tried and true way to do it: shoot at a high frame rate, which may necessitate shooting with a different camera.

• 4. Re: Twixtor 5 in AE
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Good point!

Mylenium