2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 11:43 PM by PhilipThonbo RSS

can't get normalmaps og bumpmaps to show

PhilipThonbo Community Member

anyone have a clean and working example on how to get a loaded/embedded normalMap to work ?

• 1. Re: can't get normalmaps og bumpmaps to show
          pio_tra123 Community Member

Hi Philip,

How is your fight with normal maps?

I succesfully did diffuseMap, specularMap, emissiveMap but still can't make normal and bump effects to be visible.

Maybe it can be done with customMaterial and shaders like in pool example where they are using

dynamic normal map for water ... but on the other side i found a note that customMaterial don't work

with skinned models - so at the moment there is no hope.

The bad thing is nobody answers here and after all that news from Adobe about cancelling flash ...

i have bad feeling about proscenium ;(

PS. I found one interesting thing about proscenium - it is the only 1 engine that you can unload from memory

without big memoryleak. I tested other engines and there were problems with memory usage when

loading and unloading swfs that are using 3d (simple scene with boxes and 1 light doing all possible disposes and nulls)

• 2. Re: can't get normalmaps og bumpmaps to show
            PhilipThonbo Community Member

i havent figured it out .. i have moved to flare3D for now - but havent tested the normal maps there yet