1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 24, 2011 5:26 AM by Ned Murphy

Nested menu

Bertie72 Level 1

Hello everybody,

I am a newbie at flash/actionscript. I have seen a lot of code until now and I understand it a little. But it's still difficult for me to do it all by myself.

Now I have found the tutorial about creating 3D carousels on gotoAndLearn. It's really very nice.

(see for the code "Creating 3D Carousels: Part 3" at the website http://www.gotoandlearn.com/).

You have a carousel with 10 items. When you click on one of the items you will get a textscreen.

I was wondering if it would be easy to change the carousel in a nested menu.

So when you click on one of the items in the carousel, you will get a new carousel with items. When you click on an item in the new carousel a swf-file is executed for example.

Can somebody give me maybe some hints how to do that?

• 1. Re: Nested menu
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first thing you'll need to do is to become intimately knowledgeable about the carousel design so that you understand exactly how it works to the extent that you can adjust it and recreate it with variations dynamically.  When you can do that, you should be able to dynamically create more than one such that clicking an element in one can trigger the dynamic creation of another.