Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usage on Flash Builder 4.5

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I’s experiencing serious high CUP usage when working with Flash Builder 4.5.

It happens when I start editing a relatively large .as file (~700 lines of code). Utilization then goes up to 50% and stays in this condition forever. This makes editing and debugging impossible – everything works very slowly including my computer.  Once you close the edited file (which is the only file in editor), utilization is back to normal.

Some more details:

• I have two projects in my workspace. One is closed. I cannot share the project.
  • Flex SDK 4.5.1 (upgraded lately)
  • Working on Windows XP Professional SP3.  4GB RAM.
  • Workspace-log is attached

I tried the following

• Reinstalling Flash Builder – no change
  • Uninstall SVN subclipe version that I installed as described here - http://www.flashmagazine.com/tutorials/detail/setting_up_subversion_with_adobe_flash_builder_4/ - no change
  • Network monitor is disabled (this is a standard version of FB)
  • Quit FB, open it and just load the .as file without debugging or launching any application – same problem.
  • Edit FlashBuilder.ini and eclipse.ini and change the values to -Xms512m -Xmx768m – same problem
  • Reinstalled FB for the second time and just loaded the same files as before – same issue.

Needless to say it is very problematic as I’m disabled from working for several days already. 

Need your prompt support.

Thanks, Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this very problem a few days ago and have yet to receive a response: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/915515

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I installed an earlier version of FB 4.5 without help. I also tried new work space, new project sources etc - no help.

I suspect it has to do with some collision with internal resources.

Questions to the Adobe team

- How can I inspect where the FB.exe is looping?

- How can I inspect the interaction between FB and its Java VM?

Thanks

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed that during this time period, for me at least, the memory usage of FlashBuilder.exe increases at a constant rate while the file is open, even if I am not interacting with Flash Builder. At some point Flash builder becomes very sluggish to respond, but if I close the editor with that large file, everything goes back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I rencently had the same kind of troubles (FB hanging when opening a file).

The solution for me was:

* Disable the Design Mode view ( Menu Window -> Enable Design Mode)

* Restart Flash Builder

It's worth giving it a try.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That fixed it! I had a pretty strong feeling it was design mode, but I couldn't figure out how to turn the blasted thing off. I was expecting it to be in the preferences somewhere.

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping this will solve my problem but apparently, my FB is already running in design mode disabled.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines