2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 2:47 AM by Miiagod

Project not Flash Catalyst compatible. Unexpected Property value??

Miiagod Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I created quite a large project with Flash Catalyst and have published & uploaded it no problem. Yesterday I did some minor changes to it, and again published and uploaded it. Today I went to open the project and it won't launch. I get an error message:

This project is not Flash Catalyst compatible. To fix combatibility problems, open the project in Flash Builder.

src\Main.mxml (217): Unexpected property value:

. Expected: Array tag.

I need this file working, otherwise the whole project is gone. What can I do?

Even my backup copy won't open and displays the same error message.

• 1. Re: Project not Flash Catalyst compatible. Unexpected Property value??
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried importing into Flash Builder? If you don't have a copy, there is a free trial.

Use Project > Flash Catalyst > Import to bring the project into Flash Builder.

You can then drill down the project into the main.mxml file. You can then post the MXML tags around line 217 to this thread. We might be able to find the issue.

Chris Griffith

• 2. Re: Project not Flash Catalyst compatible. Unexpected Property value??
            Miiagod Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tip. I do have the whole Master Collection, so opened my project in Flash Builder, and checked the warning. I don't know anything about Flash Builder since I work in design, but assumed the yellow warning triangle was referring to the line 217, which read:

<s:filters>

</s:filters>

I went on to delete those two lines and saved the project under a different name -  and was able to open it in Flash Catalyst again!  What a relief!

But how come Flash Catalyst does this kind of thing? Like I said, I was able to publish the project no problem, but then when went to open it again, the error message appeared. So really the user did nothing in between and FC comes up with an error.

There were also a whole buch of other alerts when I opened the project in Flash Builder (with the blue i signs), but I assume that I just ignore those?

Many thanks,

Miia