10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 10:29 AM by John T Smith

Can't Capture from Sony HDV-Z1 into Premiere Pro CS5

nikokanakis Level 1

Hello,

After a nearly two year hiatus, I'm back in the world of video.

I think I have a simple question with a simple solution but I can't remember, for the life of me, how I was able to do it before.

I'm trying to capture footage from my Sony Z1 into Premiere Pro CS5. The camera is hooked up via 4-pin Sony iLink firewire and I am able to control the camera from the Capture window but it will not record any audio or video.  I vaguely remember there was a setting in one of the menus, on the camera, that I had to change in order to capture the video.  Also, the footage was originally shot in PAL DV - now I'm back in the States and would like to capture it NTSC (or capture as PAL and then re-encode it later).

I did follow some other advice from another thread and tried to update my IEEE 1394 driver to the "legacy" driver and restarted my comptuer, but that had no effect.

Here is a snapshot of my error message:

No Frames Captured.JPG

I have read this post:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/828/cpsid_82848.html  but have not gone through all of the troubleshooting steps here just yet - just in case it's as simple as I think it may be.

Thanks

Computer Specs:

----------------------------------------------------

+ i7 2600 K

+ GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P

+ G-Skill Ripjaw Series 4 GB x 4

+ PNY NVIDIA Quadro 4000

+ SSD 120GB INTEL 320 Series

+ WD 2TB BLACK SATA 6.0 GBS x 2

+ CORSAIR H70 Liquid Cooling