3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2011 2:16 PM by TᴀW

start page numbering at 0

andrewbartel Level 1

hello,

i've got a document with several sections. each section starts with a divider. the desired numbering is 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, etc. the x.0 page is the divider page for that section. the prefixes are easy, but i can't  use 0 to start the numbering. i can manually change the number, but when a pdf is made, the page numbering is wrong. any suggestions? thank you, a

• 1. Re: start page numbering at 0
          TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can insert a "previous page number" marker. I guess that might give

you a zero. Type>Insert Special Character>Markers>Previous Page Number

Thanks,

Ariel

• 2. Re: start page numbering at 0
            John Hawkinson Level 5

Ariel:

You can insert a "previous page number" marker. I guess that might give

you a zero. Type>Insert Special Character>Markers>Previous Page Number

Wouldn't it be easy to test? No. "Previous Page Number" is for use with threaded stories. It gives you the page number of the previous text frame that touches the current text frame. For use with automated jump indications, i.e. "Wild Puppies, continued from page <PREVIOUS>."

• 3. Re: start page numbering at 0
              TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well I never!

Sorry, I should have tested, but I didn't have time, so I thought I may

as well propose an answer...

I've always wondered why Adobe thought have a "previous page number" was

an important feature -- based on my misunderstanding.

Well, you learn something new every day (though I don't know if such an

ephemeral fact as a feature in a piece of software counts)!

Ariel