2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 12:55 PM by ruffhouseutah

How to burn LOTS of SD footage to Blu-ray disc?

ruffhouseutah Level 1

I've got about 17 hours of youth soccer games in SD that I'd rather put on 2 Blu-rays than 8 or 9 DVDs.

PE8's Blu-ray presets are all for Hi-def or close to it. I would assume PE10's presets are similar, no?

blu-ray.com and PE10's Help page both say BD can hold 10 hours of SD video, which is why I'm holding out hope that software exists to put it there...

Ideas?

• 1. Re: How to burn LOTS of SD footage to Blu-ray disc?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It appears you can do it with DVD Architect Studio ($39 from Sony), but you've got to have the file properties set up for BluRay disc media and standard resolution MPEG.

This type of disc will not, of course, play on a DVD player. You'll need to play it on a BluRay player that, hopefully, will recognize it as DVD files burned to a BluRay disc.

This is not how the media is designed to be used, so it might be worth doing a test run to see if it works at all before you invest hours of work and transcoding into it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to burn LOTS of SD footage to Blu-ray disc?
            ruffhouseutah Level 1

Thanks Steve. I haven't looked at DVD Architect Studiio yet, but I will.

I did find, however, a powerful little freeware program called multiAVCHD that seems to do exactly what I want, plus some simple Blu-ray authoring to boot. I'll test it and reply here with my results.