9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 12:02 PM by ColbyFulton

invalid camera view index

stephenh44161733 Level 1

Hello,

i keep getting an error box popping up

After Effects error: invalid camera view index.

(26::327)

the error pops up continuously so I have to force quit.

there are no cameras in the comp.

using afx cs5

win 7 professional

intel i7 920

thanks

s

• 1. Re: invalid camera view index
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Which effects do you use in the comp? This could be a 3D-ish plug-in that can't deal with the default view and requires a proper 3D camera to be in place...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: invalid camera view index
            stephenh44161733 Level 1

yes I was using digi efffects freeform so maybe it had something to do with that.

there was also a proper 3d camera in the scene.

I had to rebuild the scene from scratch in the end as the error kept popping up even after I had deleted the freeform effect

• 3. Re: invalid camera view index

Mmh, definitely sounds weird. Freeform shouldn't have any problems even without a camera layer in place. Well, anyway, since you rebuilt it, i guess we'll never find out what it was in teh first place....

Mylenium

• 4. Re: invalid camera view index
                stephenh44161733 Level 1

i didn't say I'd deleted the comp. I said I rebuilt it from scratch. I have a deadline to deal with.

I still have the comp with the error

s

• 5. Re: invalid camera view index
                  Sengstack Level 1

This just happened in four comps turned in by students of mine. All four students, along with the rest of the class, used the same assets, did basically the same work and used cameras. I think this relates to the "Views" and the Active Camera. All four were in 2 Views Horizontal with the Active Camera in one of the views. The Active Camera view was not displaying properly. I clicked on the Active Camera panel to select it and the error messages went away.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: invalid camera view index

Mmh, that's funky. I'd stil largue, though, that this is triggered by something specific that involves AE's 3D rendering abilities (or lack thereof, mostly)...

Mylenium

• 7. Re: invalid camera view index
                      AntifreezeDesign Level 1

I don't have a solution, but if it helps to add the info, I also started getting this error after I had two cameras in my timeline, then deleted one of them.  I was working with a heavy comp of 3D layers. (standard 3D renderer)

AE CC

Mac, 3,1 (early 2008)

• 8. Re: invalid camera view index
                        mrwitte_work01

I get this same error in lots of different comps in many different files, always on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro cheesegrater I use at work, and I'm currently running AE 2017.2. The last time I got this error (just now) it was after I duplicated a comp with a camera and a few 3D layers in it. Before duplicating, I didn't have any problem with the comp/file. Immediately after I hit command-D to dupe the comp, I started getting the error non-stop.

As usual, I find I can scrub around a bit to make the error go away and see what's going on in my comp again, but it's not a permanent fix. Once I've seen it, the error always comes back and I always have to scrub and fiddle around with my timeline in order to make it go away again.

• 9. Re: invalid camera view index
                          ColbyFulton Level 1

This is still happening after 6 years? This error pops up everytime I duplicate a Comp. I'm using Element 3D which may be the culprit, but it's a dumb error as it fixes itself after I move to the next frame. Clean it up Adobe!