4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 4:05 AM by stephenh44161733

contact adobe re after effects cs4 license expired

stephenh44161733 Level 1

hello,

does anybody know how to contact adobe via email about license expired?

I can no longer launch after effects cs4 due to license expired message.

I've tried the license repair tool several times. it didn't work.

I found an online live chat support on adobe website but it went silent after introducing ourselves.

I've tried the phone numbers on adobe website many many times, but I only get 45 minutes for lunch and this is not long enough to get through to anybody.

I get 6 complementary questions from customer support with my master collection license but I can't find a way of asking these questions.

Also its more than 90 days since i bought it so maybe I can't ask customer support anything?

I would like to revert to my cs4 license as I find after effects cs5 too unstable

thanks in advance

s

• 1. Re: contact adobe re after effects cs4 license expired
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Also its more than 90 days since i bought it

Where? Could we be seeing signs of pirated software being blacklisted server-side here? The only other reasons this happens could be a time bomb, which happens with Beta versions and for CS4 is no longer relevant as they long would have expired, or on the otehr hand some ill-advised fiddling with teh system tiem and date...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: contact adobe re after effects cs4 license expired
            stephenh44161733 Level 1

NO IT IS NOT PIRATE SOFTWARE!!!

I bought it through a legitimate reseller. And I did not fiddle with the time and date. and it is not a beta version

But thanks for informing me of the only reasons why it could happen. why don't you inform adobe that they are wasting money paying engineers to create a license repair tool for a problem that doesn't exist

• 3. Re: contact adobe re after effects cs4 license expired
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's a million things that can go wrong and nobody can cover every possible scenario despite installing it a hundred times. I'm not saying that this is acceptable in any way - for all intents and purposes, Adobe's licensing system is a little diva and quite messy - but just bashing it because you are one of the unlucky ones where it went belly up isn't helping in any way. If you can provide more info we may be able to figure it out, otherwise there's no point in making a fuss.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: contact adobe re after effects cs4 license expired
                stephenh44161733 Level 1

my question was if anybody knows if there is a way of contacting adobe via email about license expired?

Your reply was I must be using pirate software or I've fiddled with my system time and date.

I also wrote.

I can no longer launch after effects cs4 due to license expired message.

I've tried the license repair tool several times. it didn't work.

your reply

Adobe's licensing system is a little diva and quite messy - but just bashing it because you are one of the unlucky ones where it went belly up isn't helping in any way.

a simple statement "I can no longer launch after effects cs4 due to license expired message." is not "bashing it"

these forums are great. its a real shame you are on here Mylenium. Every comment I have had from you is condescending or worse.

Please don't reply to any of my posts