2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 8:37 AM by Rick Gerard

Will AE CS6 Support CUDA or OpenCL?

Nikkokick

Hello!

Will AE CS6 Support CUDA or OpenCL?

I have won a GTX 580 in a competition, and I'm currently running a GTX 460, so I need to get this question answered so I know if I should keep or sell my GTX 580.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Will AE CS6 Support CUDA or OpenCL?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Get real - you won't get any answer on that from anyone at this point. You know, there is such a thing as NDAs and anyone working for and with Adobe had to sign at least one of those in his time. Nobody wil lbe able to divulge anything until they have clearance from the powers and that won't happen until shortly before release. Classic quote: "Those that know don't tell, those that tell don't know", Rick Gerard, ca. 2006 on creativeCOW on a similar topic.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Will AE CS6 Support CUDA or OpenCL?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you need the money, sell the card. If you want to keep the card you won, sell the other one. Will Adobe support the card? Maybe, maybe not. We never know the features that will make it into a released product until the ink is dry on the first public announcement because the testing isn't done and the contracts are not signed until then. This is not unique to Adobe. Any deal from the sale of a company, a pattent, or even the cast list for a movie isn't revealed until the ink is dry and the money's in the bank.