3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2011 1:58 PM by kglad

Controlling speed / acceleration of movie

Gerbphase

Hi there,

I have a question that I hope one of you could answer for me.

I have a couple of minutes of mp4 real life footage which speeds (frames?) need to be controlled.

The result I am looking for is that the film accelerates everytime the up arrow key is pressed, the faster the up key is pressed the more the frames or footage speeds up.

It needs to look smooth and natural.    

Will I need to convert this footage to .flv to be able to do this? Or can anyone help me get this done? Small price can be paid if neccesary.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Controlling speed / acceleration of movie
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

the only easy way to do this is embed the video in your timeline.  i'm not sure you can embed an mp4 but try it:  file/import/import video and see if the subsequent dialogue will let you embed the mp4 in a timeline.

if that doesn't work, you can convert your mp4 to a swf and control its play (but looking smooth and natural may or may not be possible) or convert to an flv and embed that in a timeline.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Controlling speed / acceleration of movie
            Gerbphase Level 1

I see I kinda figured that out since I found you can't embed mp4 in the timeline but wanted to make sure, so I am on the urge of converting it to a flv and embedding it in the timeline, if then I go into the actionscript and add the needed scripting on frame 1, that would do it? I am very new with flash and haven't really worked with this before.

• 3. Re: Controlling speed / acceleration of movie
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can control the frame rate of any timeline.  whether you'll achieve what you consider smooth and natural control depends on your demands.