2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 9:18 AM by AlexGetty

checkbox combinations influencing page transitions

AlexGetty

The complexity of explaining this question makes it hard to enter in to a search engine, so I would love to advice without having to sift through pages and pages of irrelevant web sites!

I have a project that requires an app to be created where many options (in the form of checkboxes and radio buttons) may be chosen in combination with each other, but each combination of possible options requires a seperate destination page.

is there a way to use  a single "next" button to point the user to multiple pages, depending on the exact combination of check boxes that are selected? Under interactions, the only conditional option I can see is setting it only to work if on a specific page, nothing to do with radio button or check box status'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex

• 1. Re: checkbox combinations influencing page transitions
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

For something like this, you are going to have to write some custom ActionScript to parse all the settings from the checkboxes and radio buttons to 'solve' which page the Next button should go to. This is something that Flash Catalyst was not designed to do, but it's companion Flash Builder is. FB is a robust code editor, that you would use to write this code. But you need to understand ActionScript in order to use it.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!

Chris Griffith

• 2. Re: checkbox combinations influencing page transitions
            AlexGetty Level 1

I am researching this on behalf of an entire class who is working on a introductory project to flash catalyst, so learning the required actionscript is a lofty expectaction for 30 people who have never used flash before, much less have a working knowledge of actionscript. I will have to figure out a method of doing what we need without the use of checkboxes.

Thank you for the information!

Alex