3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 12:38 PM by Edward Hutchings

Unable to to reload project

Edward Hutchings

Having just purchased Premier Elements 10. After spending many hours editing, after closing down and reloading Premier elements I get the message " The project is not compatible with the current version of Premiere Elements," Even though I have just burned the video to DVD before closing down?, I am getting the same message with the Auto save .prel files. If I keep trying to reload the project it will eventually load after about 10 trys.

I am using the Windows 7 64bit version

• 1. Re: Unable to to reload project
          Edward Hutchings Level 1

After further investigation. It appears that if I uninstall the HD content, the project will reload with out problems. I then have to reinstall the Content, I then go into "Disc Menus " again, ( I am using the Retro Menu) and setup the DVD menus and burn the disc, this then works fine. I then save the project. Then when trying to reload the project the message " The project is not compatible with the current version of Premiere Elements," appears and I have to go though the above process again ( Uninstalling and reloading the content disc) ?

Any Ideas are welcome

• 2. Re: Unable to to reload project
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Let's step back a bit.

When you created the Project (at New Project), what Preset did you choose?

Can you give us the full specs. of the Video used? You mention "HD," but more detail will be useful.

How did you get the HD material onto your computer, and then how did you Import the material into PrE?

You mention "HD," and also "DVD." Is it safe to assume that you are authoring a DVD from an HD Project?

Thanks for that info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Unable to to reload project
              Edward Hutchings Level 1

Hello Bill

The Project setting = PAL/AVCHD/FULL HD 1080i 25

The Video was captured on a Panasonic HDC-SD600 using MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (Aprox 17 Mbps (VBR)

The video files was inported to my computer using the Panasonic HD Writer AE 2.1 software supplied with camera.

This video was imported into PrE 10 using "Get Media / Files and Folders, and selecting all the files

I have burnt this Project to Blue Ray and DVD Using both AVCHD and Pal Widescreen Dolby DVD, THis all works OK, I require Blue Ray and a friend needs it on DVD.

There is no problem burning to any disc format ( after 2Hrs of compiling video for the disk burn )

The problem is as soon as I load the Content Disc ( disc 4 in the set) and install the HD content (Menu Templated, Titles etc) then burn the disc, Then save the project, It will not reload the project because I get " The project is not compatible with the current version of Premiere Elements," error, If I then unistall the content disc the project will load, but of course I loose all my Menus.

Thanks for replying, Hope this helps

Regard Ted Hutchings