2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 8:53 AM by luviola10

RH8 broken links are bookmarks

luviola10

I have a lot of broken links that RH says are bookmarks. when I try to restore the link, I get a message saying,

You cannot create a topic from a missing bookmark. Create a new topic with the appropriate file name then add the bookmark to that topic.,

Well I believe I have the topics. I just don't know what to do with these bookmark broken li nks.

• 1. Re: RH8 broken links are bookmarks
          Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

If you have those topics, just open those topics and add the missing bookmarks in those topics. You can also open the referring topic and remove the bookmark from the links so that the link points to the topic.

Greet,

Willam

• 2. Re: RH8 broken links are bookmarks
            luviola10 Level 1

HI Willam,

Thanks for this very logical, simple response. Before I attempted to set the bookmarks in the topics again, I tried something else. In the topic list, I saw that several, about 5, of the topics related to these bookmarks were not there. I imported the topics into the project, but this seemed to have no effect on the missing topics. I suspected that the topics were in the wrong folder, so within RH, I opened Explorer, copied the topics into the path the broken links gave me. all the broken links and missing topics were resolved after I did this.

I don't understand why Rh was telling me the bookmarks were missing when in fact it seemed to be topics that were not in the correct project folder.