Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progress bar to show completing on work on a slide

Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Folks,

Here is my idea:

In the current story that I am building the user needs to complete 4 tasks from a given slide, let's call it slide "A".  Each task is essentially a button that will take the user to a different slide, have an activity, then return the user to slide "A".  On the return trip to "A" the button that they clicked on will be disabled so that they do not do that activity again.  As the activities are being completed, I want to have a progress bar fill up at the bottom of the screen to show the user how far along they are.  Once the progress bar is filled, it will turn into a button taking them to the next part of the story.

Here is what I know already:

I can execute the advanced actons to 1.  Disable the completed buttons

2.  Set the variables that would turn the progress bar into a button (hide the previous bar and enable / show the button)

Here is where I get lost:

I think that I need to set up and/or logic to show the variables.  In my head, making the "25% Complete" progress bar show would have logic such as below.  Side note: all variables are set to 0 by default, completion sets the variables to 1.

IF (Variable1) <> 0 OR

(Variable2) <> 0 OR

(Variable3) <> 0 OR

(Variable4) <> 0 OR

THEN Show ProgressBar25

But how would I get the 50% Progress Bar to display while hiding the 25% Progress Bar?  Would it be something like:         

IF  (Variable1) <> 0 AND (Variable2) <> 0 OR

(Variable1) <> 0 AND (Variable3) <> 0 OR

(Variable1) <> 0 AND (Variable4) <> 0 OR

(Variable2) <> 0 AND (Variable3) <> 0 OR   

(Variable2) <> 0 AND (Variable4) <> 0 OR

(Variable3 <> 0 AND (Variable4) <> 0 OR

THEN Show ProgressBar50

Hide ProgressBar25

Would all of the conditional statements need to be in the same action so that as the user enters the slide, it would hide / disable / show the corrent information?  Am I overthinking this and missed a simpler way to do this?

Thanks,

Cody

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Such a complex condition will not be functional.. have some experience with complex conditional actions.

Is it really necessary to hide previous progress bars? If they are on the same location and you stack them starting with 25% at the bottom and 100% on top, each next bar will cover up previous, no need to hide them.

DId not try it out, but my intuition tells me to add an additional variable, sort of a counter v_counter that keeps track of the number of tasks that has been fulfilled. Then creat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a complex condition will not be functional.. have some experience with complex conditional actions.

Is it really necessary to hide previous progress bars? If they are on the same location and you stack them starting with 25% at the bottom and 100% on top, each next bar will cover up previous, no need to hide them.

DId not try it out, but my intuition tells me to add an additional variable, sort of a counter v_counter that keeps track of the number of tasks that has been fulfilled. Then create a condtional action with multiple decisions:

IF v_counter = 1 show ProgressBar25

IF v_counter = 2 show ProgressBar50

IF v_counter = 3 show ProgressBar75

IF v_counter = 4 show ProgressBar100

Sorry, always try to simplify

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I figured there would be an easier way to do this.

Thanks Lily, going to give it a shot this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it out, works like a dream.  I did not know thatt here was an expression action in the Standard Actions table.  Super simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Being a teacher, I learned to simplify things. Have a look at my blog, if you did not discover it yet.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources