2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 8:31 AM by Steve Grisetti

Elements 9 Running Slow

thedarkisz

I'm using a new Sony Vaio with windows 7. I have an intel i7 2.30GHz processor with 8 gigs of ram. I'm trying to edit AVCHD footage and elements is lagging a great deal. Is there a setting that I'm missing? It seems like I should be able to edit relativly smoothly since the minimum requirements are for a 2GHz processor and 2 gigs of RAM. I know that since I'm running a 64 bit sysemt I only have access to 4 gigs of ram, but it still seems like that should be enough. Thanks for any advice.

• 1. Re: Elements 9 Running Slow
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How many hard drives?

You need at least 2 - with a separate (not a partition) 7200rpm drive for your video files

• 2. Re: Elements 9 Running Slow
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

"Real world" system requirements are a quad core or i7 processor for editing AVCHD, so you've certainly got the power to edit AVCHD.

Have you ensured that, when you started your Premiere Elements project, you selected the appropriate AVCHD project setting? This is vital to efficient performance of the program.

Is your video 1920x1080 or 1440x1080? Stereo or 5.1 audio? It's very important that your project settings match your video specs precisely.