Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need to Daisy Chain?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again!

I'm creating an audio driven scenario-based course with 11 modules (approx. 275 screens) in Captivate 5x.  Do I need to Daisy Chain it to prevent any issues related to file size even after file compression of audio, graphics, .flv and the entire swf?  Or is this when the "aggregator" is helpful?

Thank you!

KickyKookyKaren

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought I had read somewhere that cp5 can handle hundreds of slides (I want to say in the 4xx range) but I can't find it now.

i'll keep looking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Indeed during the Captivate 5 beta I asked the development team about it because 4 and earlier had an unstated 65 slides or so limit. The dev team advised that Captivate 5 should be able to handle hundreds of slides. I want to say 400-600. But I'm not sure it was ever really stated officially.

Additionally, I'd have to say that there obviously has to be SOME limit. But what that limit is has yet to be discovered.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources