6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2011 12:41 PM by Royi A

When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated

Y.Boy

Pixel Bender is NOT hardware accelerated ? But when will support GPU?

Thanks !

• 1. Re: When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated
          unique_screenname_here Level 3

Pixel Bender runs on the GPU in the Pixel Bender Toolkit and in the Pixel Bender, Photoshop plugin.

• 2. Re: When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated
            Y.Boy Level 1

Yeah~

But, When dose Pixel Bender run on the GPU in the Flash Player ?

• 3. Re: When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated
              unique_screenname_here Level 3

You'll have to ask the Flash team. Please be explicit when you do ask them. Best of luck.

• 5. Re: When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated
                fredboy8 Level 1

Re: Flash GPU acceleration

Who should we contact exactly? Could we have an address? What kind of beer do they like? :-)

PB2D GPU Flash acceleration makes PB2D VERY VERY valuable to my new company. I have two important full screen paleo education map apps in the pipeline ready to go as soon as I can get the framerate up from a couple fps in unaccelerated Flash 10 to nearer the toolkit speeds fully embedded in the Flash runtime. We have plans for several other Flash products showcasing PB2D capabilities centered around advanced Earth and Planetary sciences when we can count on dates for these performance improvements - even if just as alpha/beta products; we'd be able to commit to development.

Know you guys are busy these days, but GPU acceleration in Flash would put PB2D back on the serious development map for many of us.

Feel free to forward this to anyone in a position of responsibilty if it is helpful to this cause.

Cheers!

S. Utt

• 6. Re: When is Pixel Bender hardware accelerated
                  Royi A Level 1

fredboy8 wrote:

Re: Flash GPU acceleration

Who should we contact exactly? Could we have an address? What kind of beer do they like? :-)

PB2D GPU Flash acceleration makes PB2D VERY VERY valuable to my new company. I have two important full screen paleo education map apps in the pipeline ready to go as soon as I can get the framerate up from a couple fps in unaccelerated Flash 10 to nearer the toolkit speeds fully embedded in the Flash runtime. We have plans for several other Flash products showcasing PB2D capabilities centered around advanced Earth and Planetary sciences when we can count on dates for these performance improvements - even if just as alpha/beta products; we'd be able to commit to development.

Know you guys are busy these days, but GPU acceleration in Flash would put PB2D back on the serious development map for many of us.

Feel free to forward this to anyone in a position of responsibilty if it is helpful to this cause.

Cheers!

S. Utt

+1