• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Clipping in Presenter 7.0.7

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with the first half of a second of audio getting clipped at the start of some words in the audio of my published Presenter presentations.  I am using Presenter version 7.0.7 and PowerPoint 2010. I noticed that this problem should have been addressed in 7.0.5 but I appear to still be having it.  The behavior is the same as a documentated in the release notes of earlier versions, that is,that the clipping occurs the first time you play the slide, but if you listen to it a second time the audio sounds fine.

Is this audio clipping problem still occuring in v. 7.0.7, or is something else going on here?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The issue is somewhat not clear. Could you please elaborate on this or share your presentation.

You could also share the steps to reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro in PC mode running Windows 7 home edition, 64 bit, 4 Gig of RAM and Adobe Presenter 7.07 build 7746 installed in PowerPoint 2010.

Today I completed these steps to recreate the problem:

1. I opened an existing slide deck with no audio recordings.

2. I went to the Presenter tab and used the record button to add recordings to each of the 17 slides in the file.

3. I used the Edit button remove small portions of the audio such as extra silence.

4. I used the PPT animation tools to add animated appearances of bullets.

5. I used sync to set the animations with the audio.

6. I published in Presenter, opting see the output after completion using the setting of near CD quality for audio.

On slide 8 there is clipping of the audio about half through the audio for that slide.  In the audio I've recorded I say "Generally about $30 per day", and this is what I hear when I listen inside of Presenter in Edit or Sync modes. However, on the first time listening to the published version I hear "--enerally about$30 per day". If I go back a slide and play this slide again, it sounds fine, with the whole word being audible.

I have experienced this in several of the presentations I have created. Usually re-recording the audio for a given slide I can fix the problem, however, since I can only hear the problem after the content has been published it can take a long time to find all of the occurrences and fix them.

It is probably worth noting that I often have trouble with PPT/Presenter with the system  becoming sluggish/non-responsive for periods of time, and PPT restarting.  Also, after some of these crashing instances I receive the message when I launch PPT asking if I'd like to disable the Presenter plug in since PPT appears to be having trouble with it.

I hope this is enough information for you to understand what is going on.  You mention that I can share my presentation, but I do not know how to do that.  I am happy to do that if you tell me how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources