4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 2:33 PM by Murshed1992

Help a noob with a parse error. Completely new to Flex, doesn't know anything.

Murshed1992 Level 1

Hi. I am completely new to Flex (and mxml and ActionScript) and have a silly little error right off the bat. I haven't written a line of code yet, and got the source files from a collegue (who is currently unavailable to help me out here) that obviously had this working before he gave it to me.

I am getting a parse error with the following lines. From my experience with PHP, I have a general idea that a parse error is usually a syntax thing, like a missing semicolon or something along that line. I've already tried semicolons in a bunch of places, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. The X is where the program highlights the error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- Build with 3.1 -->

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"  layout="absolute"  xmlns:tg = "EditableTextGrid.*" xmlns:ns1="com.testURL.commonClasses.grid.*" viewSourceURL="srcview/index.html"

X verticalAlign="middle" implements="EditableTextGrid.ETGParent" >

initialize= "setLogin('testUser'); loadMatrix('module=portal&amp;mode=i&amp;searchString=1111')"

<!--initialize="setLogin('testUser'); loadMatrix('module=serviceview&amp;mode=i&amp;colName=SID&amp;searchString=290')"-->

<mx:Style source="styles/AcctRequest.css"/>

Severity and DescriptionPathResourceLocationCreation TimeId
      Parse error at '\n initialize= \"setLogin(\'ngorelik\'); loadMatrix(\'module=portal&mode=i&searchString=1111\')\"\n\n\t'.CV/srccontactsSWF.mxmlline 41319810874686130

Other info: it was actually written with Flex 3.2 SDK