2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 1:13 PM by m_woot

how to change the background color of a button when the button is emphasized

m_woot

Hi,

I have a button that is in the "emphasized" state, I realized there is a default color "light blue" when the button is emphasized. is there any way I can change this default color? so if mu button goes to emphasized state I can control which color it should be

I am using "Halo" for the theme, and I was not able to change the Focus color through the "Appearance Window" in Flash Builder 4

any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: how to change the background color of a button when the button is emphasized
          alinator11 Level 2

Take a look at the accentColor flag of <s:Button>. It looks like you can do it there. But, it also looks like emphasized needs to be "true" and that you may need to interrupt the button's automatic update event... I've never tried to do this though. And, I imagine you only need to listen to button state changes if you want to dynamically control the emphasized color. If you just want to set a static value other than the default, it looks like setting emphasized to true and the uint of the accentColor will do the trick...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how to change the background color of a button when the button is emphasized
            m_woot Level 1

Thanks for the reply,

I can set the background color now dynamically, but it seems whatever color I choose, it will be mixed with the default background color, for example, if I choose dark green  for the accesnt color, it will show light green (like it has been mixed with another color) , I still cannot find what else has to be changed . I really apprecite your help